Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 00:01:39 -0700
From:      JMS Internet <jmsinternet@mediaone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   signal 11 & System Freeze

Today I installed a PIII 600 (standard) CPU, and another SCSI hard drive
into my server.  But this evening, I'm getting tons
of lines in my 'messages' file after I start running my transfer stats for
the evening that state:
May 23 01:31:49 www /kernel: pid 3328 (perl), uid 65534: exited on signal 11
There is about one every one-three seconds with a new pid #.  As soon as I
terminate the stats program from processing the server logs, everything returns
to normal. Nothing on the system, including the software has changed, so
I'm not
sure what could be causing this.  In logs from Apache it writes 'premature
end of script
headers' when I know these scripts actually do work.  And a '500 internal
server' error is produced when trying to run a script.  Webpages continue
to load normally.

The system also started displaying the following error and freezing up, or
rebooting every 12-24 hours:
Current process           = 43350 (httpd)
interrupt mask             = net tty
trap number                 = 12
panic: page fault

But, none of this started until after I upgraded my system.  Do I possibly
need to rebuild
my kernal, upgrade my bios?  Any ideas???  I have PC-100 memory (1 gig),
and my motherboard detects my CPU displaying the correct speed on screen
upon bootup.   But, I never changed any jumpers...

Many Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction