Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:41:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Raistrick <drais@wow.atlasta.net>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Blocking "linux: syscall fstat64 is obsoleted..." messages?

Hey folks..

A linux-based virus scanner I'm running is causing the following message
to pop up in /var/log/messages and of course dmesg.

Dec 18 15:34:32 hostname /kernel: linux: syscall fstat64 is obsoleted or
not implemented (pid=21150)

It continues to run fine, as far as I can tell..And i'm satisfied with
ignoring the message.

Anyone have any suggestions (short of sysloging kern to /dev/null..) on
how to keep this out of the logs?

(since it has a new pid each time, it wont even do the "..this message was
repeated X times..")

please cc: me, or email me directly, at <draistrick@gta.com> as I'm not
subscribed to freebsd-emulation.  Archive searches have resulting in no
help in blocking this (obviously I dont have access to the source..)

fwiw, its 4.4-20010920-STABLE, linux_base-6.1.

thanks guys.

...david

---
david raistrick (no longer deep in the south georgia woods)
drais@atlasta.net		http://www.expita.com/nomime.html