From:      Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
To:        "Corey Ralph" <corey.ralph@datafast.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dedicated smtp relay box

At 01:30 20.2.2001, Corey Ralph wrote the following message:
>I came across zmailer (www.zmailer.org) and they claim it is just the
>thing for this kind of job.  Does anybody have any experience with it?
>They say there have been some major changes in the mime handling etc, is
>it solid enough?

Zmailer is very nice piece of software. Been running it for several years
and works great. It has excellent support for  standards, plenty of options
to deal with messages (it has internal scripting language similar to sh),
performs good under load and it is easy to add support for off-site clients
wishing to relay (currently I support SMTP-AUTH and pop3-before-smtp for
off-site clients relaying, but could easily extend with other ways - like
allow user to relay as soon as radius servers accepts him and disallow
his/her relaying as soon as the line is dropped. Why would one do that? IP
spoofing is one of things.)

>Or should I just set up another qmail box?  Or is there a simple way
>that I am missing?

Zmailer is easy once you know it. Depends on your willingness to learn new
stuff, but I think you won't regret the time spent for Zmailer.

>Tomaz

----
Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown