Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:05:39 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting the JDK

I have been reading the Sun Community Source License for about
an hour now, but it is still not clear to me: if I were to begin
an effort to port the 1.3 jdk, would I be in violation of the
license, if I published the necessary patches on this list?

If so, the only way to produce a legal native 1.3 jdk would be
to pay some fee to Sun and obtain the right to use the JCK, work
with it and publish the binary code?

-past