Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:32:14 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
Cc:        freebsd-libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some thoughts

Thus spake Jonathan Belson (jon@witchspace.com):

> I wasn't suggesting replacing TurboVision, just offering another option
> for people who do have VGA capable displays.  I installed RedHat
> on a machine recently and I was struck by how much Linux installers
> have improved over the last few years - a well laid out graphical installer
> gives a more 'professional' appearance IMO.

Adding new graphic libraries is a trivial kinda line-assembly work, if
you are familiar with the widget-library API.

We really should fix bugs and implement missing functionality first :)

Alex

PS: "make xconfig" would be "make config" in our case.  libh's GUI
in "auto" mode will use Qt or TVision depending on DISPLAY set
or not.  I personally HATE Linux's way of kernel-config, because
I usually tend to forget some options if I don't diff(1) config
files, but we can't stop people from developing this :)