Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 02:30:25 +0000
From:      John Baxter <jbaxter@mmcable.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   what worked for me

i wish to thank all of those that answered my postings. i finally have a

working os (after more than 1 month and a multitude of attempts with
netbsd and openbsd with varing degrees of success).

just so it gets posted again, because it was very had for me find these
solutions. i have a prostar 6682 (marked as a model 660). my laptop's
touchpad does not return the expected response to the probe at boot
time, so the touch pad is not recognized. the answer was to add 0x400 as

a flag for the ps/2 mouse settings configuration during installation (it

can also be set in /boot/kernel.conf if you know the correct settings).
i use the sysmouse driver with XF86Free. any other settings and my
touchpad is useless.

i use the fa_select utility for my Netgear FA410TX rev. D pcmcia
enthernet card (i am hoping for a better solution but it works as
advertised). i removed the references in the kernel.conf to the ne0 card

from the install configuration. this was causing irq 9 to be assigned to

a non-existant device.