Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:10:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        Mark Peek <mark@whistle.com>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I have delayed ACK problems

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 11:19:02AM -0800, Mark Peek wrote:
> > Was there ever a final resolution to this problem?
>
> The patches are still sitting in my tree, as I've been unable
> to come up with a test case that actually makes a difference.
>
> The "tar cf host:..." example is bogus, as the problem here is

Jonathan is right, the patch doesn't solve the general "tar cf host:"
problem, but it was similar enough to what we were seeing in
production -- changing the MTU on lo0 to 1500 will make the
"tar cf host:" problem/solution more apparent, when host == localhost.

In anycase, we are very happy with the patch on our production
servers, as it really did solve our problem.  I believe the patch is
100% correct, it just doesn't fix 100% of the delayed ACK problems.

-Paul.