Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:53:43 +0300
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Processing IP options reveals IPSTEALH router

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 02:29:14AM +0300, Maxim Konovalov wrote:

> On 18:51+0300, Dec 21, 2001, Yar Tikhiy wrote:
>
> > I made a patch that adds the "stealthy IP options feature".
> > Honestly, now I'm afraid it's "much ado about nothing", given how
> > clumsy solution is needed for such a small problem.  Even the way
> > of ignoring IP options completely when doing IPSTEALTH looks way
> > better...
>
> IMHO it is not a good idea to forward a packet with possible incorrect
> ip options.

Forwarding a packet without decreasing its TTL may be even worse idea :-)
We're breaking the standard with IPSTEALTH anyway, so to my mind the
best idea is to avoid spoiling the system code too much.

> The patch looks OK for me.

All right, if anyone else feels committing that patch of mine is
OK and tells that to me, I'll commit it.

--
Yar