Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:12:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        <deutchto@post.tau.ac.il>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>, "rafi@msmail.openu.ac.il" <rafi@msmail.openu.ac.il>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: postfix-20010228.1

>  The file /etc/mail/mailer.conf wasn't changed by installing  the
> pre-compiled  package postfix-20010228.1.tgz
>
>  The contents remained the default:
> ==
> sendmail        /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
> send-mail       /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
> mailq           /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
> newaliases      /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
>
>  While (IMHO) the contents should be changed to
> ==
> sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> mailq           /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/postalias

Packages should not change the users configuration. We do not know if the user
prefers sendmail or postfix. Install the port and type "make replace" and it
will change the configuration for you.

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325