Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 23:14:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Simon Nielsen <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   patch to use 4.x style rc scripts

Hello

I have made a patch that updates most of the PicoBSD rc scripts to FreeBSD
4.x style. E.g it uses a rc.conf that uses overrides over
defaults/rc.conf. Indentation has been changed to match 4.x. Many "if"'s
have been changed to "case"'s. Most is just copy-pasted from the normal
FreeBSD rc scripts.

It is about 4KB larger than existing PicoBSD rc scripts, but it also
contains code for nat, dhcp and more which the current PicoBSD code does
not. If the size is a problem, that could be removed.

I have tested it and it appers to work has intented, but since so much
have been changed there might be bugs, so I would very much like if
someone would try it. Any comments are very welcome.

The patch is 17KB so I won't post it here, but it's on my homepage, and if
anyone prefer to get it by mail, i will be happy to send it.

The patch is on http://simon.nitro.dk/patch/picobsd/ and is called
4xstyle.patch

Simon