Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:21:26 +0900
From:      Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cpu affinity

Hi.

I was looking for any hack point to set CPU affinity.  I
found in version 1.3.2.1 of kern/kern_switch.c (a little
before 4.4R) that it already had "trivial affinity"
implemented in chooseproc().  Is this different from what
you are describing here?  or has this disappeared in
-current during the switch to KSE?

I wanted to have a dedicated dual CPU machine for numerical
calculations with large memory.  Since this is a dedicated
machine any hack was fine for me if at all possible.  The
machine has not arrived yet, so I haven't tested it yet.

Can I expect, on 4.4R, to have two calc programs running
(mostly) on their own CPU if I set these two processes at,
say, rtprio (so that the two will live in a seperate group
wrt any other processes)? or I don't even need rtprio? or do
I have everything mixed up?

Thanks.

--
Hiroharu Tamaru