Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:55:10 -0600
From:      "GERARDO ENRIQUE PAREDES MANCIA" <g.paredes@unitec.edu>
To:        freebsd-binup@FreeBSD.org, murray@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   current state of the binup project

I would like to know which is the current state of this project, if its s=
till=20
being worked or is abandoned.=20

I also have some doubts about what the components in the current codebase=
 do,=20
for example, the current incarnation of updated only holds metadata for t=
he=20
releases, profiles, files and such; my question is if updated is gonna=20
continue just being a meta-data server and the client will handle the act=
ual=20
downloading and installing of the binary distributions using libfetch in =
the=20
same style that pkg_install(1) and friends do? If so, how are you going t=
o=20
handle the binary packages? are they going to be the same chunks that the=
=20
distribution cd's hold?.=20