Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 16:56:47 +1000
From:      "Chris Knight" <chris@aims.com.au>
To:        <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, "'Bruce Evans'" <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, <re@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Comments on Release Building for -current

Howdy,

-mcpu=pentiumpro is a huge pig-dog. It should be culled from the
crunches and from the kernels. I managed to cull it from the
kernels by simply adding

KERNEL_FLAGS+=	-D_NO_CPU_CFLAGS -DNO_CPU_COPTFLAGS

into /usr/src/release/Makefile. I also managed to cull it from
the crunches by adding the above defines into boot_crunch.conf
and fixit_crunch.conf.
The savings still aren't enough though :-( -Os may help here,
but I'm having dificulty trying to find where this should go.

Regards,
Chris Knight
Systems Administrator
AIMS Independent Computer Professionals
Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
Web: http://www.aims.com.au