Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 2002 02:30:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com
Cc:        dg@root.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD performing worse than Linux?

In message: <200201010636.g016aLC37133@apollo.backplane.com>
            Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> writes:
:     I think that has been fixed.  Try it.  It doesn't lag for me.  The
:     turn-around echo of the keystroke should be pushed out instantly.

Yes.  Keep in mind that you only need to enable this when you have
unacked data.  Otherwise, NODELAY doesn't buy you anything.

I routinely go over non-NODELAY links and haven't seen a huge problem
except when modems were involved that liked to freak out.

Warner