Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 10:06:44 +0200
From:      neologism <neologism@seznam.cz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   mta versus sendmaill

Hi

I really dislike the way 4.6 handles mta/sendmail in its starting rc scripts
Why don't we have something as "mta_enable" which enables mta configuring in
its own rc.$mta_name?
I mean something like this:

case ${mta_enable} in
[Yy][Ee][Ss])
        if [ -r ${mta_start_script} ]; then
                sh ${mta_start_script}	# eventually + ${mta_configuration}
        fi
        ;;
esac

It's much cleaner imho. And in old 4.4 (and earlier afaik) it was such -
sendmail_enable and than it's configuration. If we want to switch from sendmail
to generic mta (with its own rc) we should do so the cleanest possible way

yours neologism

P.S. please CC me cause I'm not on this list