Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 2002 00:32:13 -0800
From:      "Peter Black" <pwabomi@sbcglobal.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PTHREADS install on 4.7

Hello,

I have been running into problems getting Apache 2.0.43 to work with PHP
4.2.3 as a module. The following is the error I get ...

"Cannot load /usr/local/APACHE/modules/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/APACHE/modules/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol
"pthread_getspecific"

Having said that, I did my research and found that many have come across
the same error and managed to get passed it by installing pthreads. This
is where my question comes in. I installed(?) pthreads and I still get
the same error. Perhaps I am not installing it globally, but rather,
locally (/usr/local/PTHREADS). How do I install pthreads system wide?

I hope that makes sense.

Regards,
Peter