Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 08:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rev. Jonathan T Sage" <wisesage98@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   486 / 8MB and a MFS/MD Mount Problem

Hello -
  I recently got interested in PicoBSD due to my aquiring a 486/33 laptop with
a dead harddisk.  After little consideration, I cam to the conclusion that it
wasn't worth me sinking any money into fixing it's problems, but I am hoping I
can get it running pico off the disk drive (functional) and it will allow me to
ssh into my other machine.

Here's the rundown on what I need:  ssh, couple vty's (getty), plip (no net
card either), ifconfig.

My problem is this:  none of the circe-1998 floppies have this, and my attempts
to build my own disks have failed thus far.  I *can* boot the 1998 images on
the website, but when I compile and attempt my own, I can get the process to
complete until it attempts to mount the root filesystem on /dev/md0c.  At that
point, it hangs, the only fix is to power cycle the machine.  At this point I
am out of ideas, and I am hoping that you might be able to point me in the
correct direction.  I have also tried building the image from
http://www.voisine.org/stylistic/ which should work on this configuration, same
problem exisits.  I am using -stable sources, cvsup every other day, system
builds on the 1st of each month.

thanks for any help

~jon

=====
  "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is
   real, and you're just a reflection of him?"
            - Calvin (from Calvin & Hobbes)