Date:      13 Jan 2002 10:52:49 -0200
From:      Edvard Fagerholm <desti@sigtrap.com>
To:        Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount_null problems

Yeah, I never looked at the man page for known bugs. After seeing so
many people advertise it on -questions and in several other places I
thought it would have been stable. Well, I was wrong, now I know better.

I already got one suggestion as a solution to this problem which is to
locally export the filesystem with NFS and mount it from the localhost
i.e. "loopback" NFS. This seems stable and I haven't been able to crash
anything using it. And it really doesn't hurt in any way either as I'm
already running portmapper etc. on the host.

Another suggestion was automounter. I've never really used it in
practice and it seems to be a solution to limit the amount of mounts
needed, as I don't need to permanently mount each directory, only when
they are actually needed.

Anyways, thanks for the replies.

- Edvard