Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 02:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Mr. Darren" <darren780@yahoo.com>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /dev/acd0c bug

track2 is a plain mpeg.  it looses 100 megs.. if I
extract with the full sector size, the mpeg remains
and I can even play the iso in mplayer..  however, if
I let it trunicate.. I get garbage.

-Darren

oh, and I think I can chop this bug up to overburning,
the burner tells the kernel it's going to write_big,
but the kernel doesn't understand the command...

--- Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru> wrote:
> hi, there!
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 05:45:53PM -0700, Mr. Darren
> wrote:
>
> > I make bchunk not determin the track mode on
> purpose,
> > if it see's mode 1.. it assumes it's a certain
> size
> > and I loose about 100 megs of data off the cd,
> however
> > if I change mode1 to another word... it extracts
> the
> > image properly...
>
> why do you think it will "loose" 100 megs? yes, the
> resulting .iso
> tracks are smaller than .bin tracks but it is ok
> because
> actual data size for MODE1/MODE2 sector is 2048
> bytes.
> the rest (2352 - 2048 = 304 bytes) is ECC data which
> is not stored in
> .iso files
>
> > IT WILL NOT EXTRACT THE FOLLOWING PROPERLY:
> > FILE "ctp-en1.bin" BINARY
> >   TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
> >     INDEX 01 00:00:00
> >   TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
> >     INDEX 01 00:06:00
> > IT WILL EXTRACT THE FOLLOWING PROPERLY
> > FILE "ctp-en1.bin" BINARY
> >   TRACK 01 OTMODE2/2352
> >     INDEX 01 00:00:00
> >   TRACK 02 OTMODE2/2352
> >     INDEX 01 00:06:00
>
> are you sure that you have mode2 tracks? I suggest
> you to try
> MODE1/2352 or MODE2/2352 and check the resulting
> .iso tracks with
> vnconfig and mount -t cd9660
>
> /fjoe

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the
message