Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:09:31 -0400
From:      Kenny Freeman <freeman@cs.dal.ca>
To:        freebsd-afs@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenAFS + FreeBSD 5.1 RELEASE + MAC + Jail

--Boundary-02=_RJhg/Fz+h0IVbyH

Hello, I've got a bit of a strange setup going. I'm seting up a server I ha=
ve=20
at home as a bit of an experiment. The bits that relate to this list are in=
=20
the subject: I'm attempting to setup openafs 1.2.10 on said system as a=20
server. The catch is I don't see any support for freebsd 5.1 release (I hea=
r=20
talk of some work on it tho) _and_ I'm attempting to run it inside a jail=20
with all but the biba and lomac MAC modules enabled in the base system.

My question is really just this: does openafs work on freebsd 5.1 RELEASE? =
I=20
haven't bothered to go through the build problems with the header names and=
=20
fix them yet - I just compiled everything without kernel support for the=20
moment (I'm assuming/hoping that the only problems are with header names).=
=20
Word is from freebsd-questions that openafs servers are ok on 5.1 RELEASE=20
(this is not confirmed tho). Can anyone direct me to a patch or some docs o=
n=20
how to get the kernel module to compile under 5.x? I'm at the point now whe=
re=20
I have everything ready to go, except I need the kernel module to compile..=
=2E.

I've been searching for some docs on that with ~ no results. I would really=
=20
like to get this working and move on to other jails to get this server up a=
nd=20
running. Not sure how much effort it would be to update the source to get t=
he=20
kernel module to work with the 5.x branch... Also, the rc script that comes=
=20
with openafs refers to /usr/sbin/inetd.afs - checking with the source seems=
=20
to show openafs-1.2.10/src/inetd/inetd.conf only has entrys for rsh, rlogin=
=20
and another called ta-rauth. I'm guessing this can be left out and the serv=
er=20
will still function (seems to me i wouldn't want to run these services=20
anyway)... Oh, and that really isn't much of an rc script - it just starts =
up=20
bosserver and afsd, doesn't accept start/stop args :/=20

=2DKenny

--Boundary-02=_RJhg/Fz+h0IVbyH

--Boundary-02=_RJhg/Fz+h0IVbyH--