Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:10:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@unixdaemons.com>
To:        qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/38610 Ability to mount ISO images on DOS filesystems

The following reply was made to PR bin/38610; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hiten Pandya <hiten@unixdaemons.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:06:39 -0500

 This is indeed possible.  I have tested this as the following on 5.0,
 and had a patch for this on my old hard drive (which unfortunately
 started scratching and I lost a lot of my (FreeBSD) work... anyway)
 because it's cost effective as you mention it. ;-)

 	# mount_msdosfs /dev/ad1s2 /dos
 	# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /dos/ftp/releng_5-ftp-disc1.iso
 	md6
 	# mount_cd9660 /dev/md6 /cdrom

 I don't mind coming up with a patch again, when I find the time.
 Cheers.

 --
 Hiten Pandya (hiten@unixdaemons.com, hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org)
 http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/