Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:53:25 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip+freebsd@paeps.cx>
To:        Laurent LEVIER <llevier@argosnet.com>
Cc:        qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/47451: 5.0 GENERIC(sysinstall CD) locks during boot on Proliant ML530

On 2003-09-12 00:10:15 (-0700), Laurent LEVIER <llevier@argosnet.com> wrote:
> I got the same problem with another ML530 with FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE boot CD

I managed to get a 2003-08-31 JPSNAP boot-cd to boot an ML530.  It needs ACPI
off to work though, with ACPI, I get it to panic.

>  ML530 is 2x800MHz Xeon + 1 GB RAM + Compaq Smart Array 4200

I have the same model.

>  I tried with no ACPI but problem remains.

Without ACPI worked here with a JPSNAP from 2003-08-31, and RELENG_5_1 worked
pretty well too.

Perhaps something ACPI-related changed since 5.1-RELEASE?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
                                                       subscribed to the list.

  There are three ways to get things done:
  	(1)  Do it yourself,
  	(2)  Hire someone to do it, or
  	(3)  Forbid your kids to do it.