Date:      Wed, 01 Jan 2003 19:54:29 +0000
From:      "Elite Bizkit" <elite_bizkit@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Unable to connect to jail

I wasn't sure whether this is a security issue but it is related somewhat to
the jail. I have given my network card an alias using
ifconfig_vr0_alias0="inet <ip> netmask 0xffffffff". The alias IP is the IP
of my jail which is acting as an ftp server but I am unable to ping it from
any PC on my LAN apart from the FreeBSD box itself. Have I done something
wrong or is this problem common? Any help would be very appreciated.

- BiZKiT