Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 07:24:14 -0800
From:      David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   machine/critical.h and !__GNUC__, interrupt nesting level, etc.

It seems that each src/sys/$arch/$arch/critical.h contains the
following:

	#else /* !__GNUC__ */

	void cpu_critical_enter(void)
	void cpu_critical_exit(void)

	#endif  /* __GNUC__ */

Am I losing my mind or will that cause a compile-time error
without semicolons at the ends of the lines?  There doesn't even
seem to be a !__GNUC__ implementation at all, or any irreparable
gccisms in the normal version for that matter.

Another random question that came up while I was browsing the
source entirely too late at night:

Why isn't td_intr_nesting_level bounded?  Isn't there a danger of
overflowing the kernel stack?