Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:24:33 +0200
From:      "Thorsten Schemel" <thorsten.schemel.schemel_it-systeme@ksk-saarlouis.de>
To:        freebsd-tokenring@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cant get Olicom Card to work

Hi!

Im having a problem trying to get an Olicom (3137 PCI) to work on FreeB=
SD
4.6
I inserted "device oltr" and "pseudo-device token" into the kernel conf=
ig
and recompiled.
Everything seemed to work fine and the card is even correctly detected =
at
startup.
I can even set it up with ifconfig and assign it an ip address but i ca=
nt
ping any host on my network.
Interesting detail is when i assign it an address already in use on my
network it does output the relevant error message so seems that even th=
at
is still working.
However i still cant ping or telnet to any hosts on my network.
Tcpdump shows some netbios traffic on the network.
Does anybody have an idea why i cant establish any ip traffic on the ca=
rd
though?

Thank you!
Thorsten Schemel

Kreissparkasse Saarlouis
Postfach 17 60
66717 Saarlouis

Rechtsform: Anstalt des =F6ffentlichen Rechts
Amtsgericht Saarlouis: HR A/1965
Sitz der Sparkasse: Saarlouis
=