Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:12:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Edwin D. Vinas" <edwin_vinas@yahoo.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-5.3 obexapp-1.3 Can't send file to PC from phone

Hi!

I have a Nokia3660 and a newly installed FreeBSD-5.3.
I installed obexapp/openobex and was able to use
obexapp to push a file to my phone's inbox but I can't
pull a file from my phone to my PC nor send a file
directly from my phone to my PC. Here are some
details. Hope you could help me coz if I can't send
bidirectionally, I cant transfer file from my phone. I
use my phone as portable storage device wherein I save
my files to my phone and open it at home's PC. If you
could help me make this thing work, many thanks to
you!

- FreeBSD-5.3 fresh installed from CD
- installed openobex via ports version 1.0.1
- installed obexapp via ports version 1.3

- bluetooth dongle is found
misoy# dmesg | grep ubt0
ubt0: Micro Star International product 0x6970, rev
1.10/5.25, addr 2
ubt0: Micro Star International product 0x6970, rev
1.10/5.25, addr 2
ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81,
bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints:
isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3; wMaxPacketSize=49;
nframes=6, buffer size=294

NOTES:

- can run /etc/rc.bluetooth
misoy# /etc/rc.bluetooth start ubt0
BD_ADDR: 00:0c:76:9a:36:6c
Features: 0xff 0xff 0xf 00 00 00 00 00
<3-Slot> <5-Slot> <Encryption> <Slot offset>
<Timing accuracy> <Switch> <Hold mode> <Sniff mode>
<Park mode> <RSSI> <Channel quality> <SCO link>
<HV2 packets> <HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log>
<CVSD>
<Paging scheme> <Power control> <Transparent SCO data>
Max. ACL packet size: 192 bytes
Number of ACL packets: 8
Max. SCO packet size: 64 bytes
Number of SCO packets: 8

- can discover bluetooth devices
misoy#  hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry
Inquiry result, num_responses=1
Inquiry result #0
        BD_ADDR: misoy
        Page Scan Rep. Mode: 0x1
        Page Scan Period Mode: 00
        Page Scan Mode: 00
        Class: 50:02:04
        Clock offset: 0x7d65
Inquiry result, num_responses=1
Inquiry result #0
        BD_ADDR: 00:60:57:82:35:f1
        Page Scan Rep. Mode: 0x1
        Page Scan Period Mode: 00
        Page Scan Mode: 00
        Class: 50:02:04
        Clock offset: 0x64bb
Inquiry complete. Status: No error [00]

- can inquire name of bluetooth device
hccontrol -n ubt0hci remote_name_request
00:10:60:a6:32:02
misoy# hccontrol -n ubt0hci remote_name_request
00:60:57:82:35:f1
BD_ADDR: 00:60:57:82:35:f1
Name: Nokia3650

- can l2ping of course

- has a /etc/bluetooth/hcsed.confdevice {
        bdaddr  00:60:57:b6:f7:b1;
        name    "Misoy N3660";
        key     nokey;
        pin     "1234";
}
(my phone has been paired)

- my target device is Nokia3660 [00:60:57:b6:f7:b1]
which has an OBEX file trasfer protocol

- i want to my phone from FreeBSD and vise versa using
obexapp

- i run sdpd

- i run sdpcontrol -l browse

Record Handle: 00000000
Service Class ID List:
        Service Discovery Server (0x1000)
Protocol Descriptor List:
        L2CAP (0x0100)
                Protocol specific parameter #1:
u/int/uuid16 1
                Protocol specific parameter #2:
u/int/uuid16 1

Record Handle: 0x00000001
Service Class ID List:
        Browse Group Descriptor (0x1001

- i can connect to my phone using obexapp
misoy# obexapp -a misoy -C OPUSH
obex>

- i can transfer a file from FreeBSD to phone using
Put command in obexapp
misoy# obexapp -a misoy -C OPUSH
vi /home/misoy/test.txt
obex> Put test.txt
put: local file>
Cancelled
obex> P
put: local file> test.txt
put: remote file> test.txt
Success, response: OK, Success (0x20)
obex>

- can't get file from my phone using Get of obexapp
maybe because i don't have a shared file

- how about if i try to send file(picture) from my
phone to PC (initiated file transfer from phone)
* obexapp connection is of course turned off
* sdpd is running in background
* i select a pic form my phone
* send it to my freebsd machine
* then, i got an "Unable to connect!" message in my
phone.

- i tried running obexapp server in FreeBSD
%obexapp -s -C 10 -r /home/misoy/bluetooth/
* still "Unable to connect!" is the error when i send
file from my phone

any idea why or what i should do?

-edwin

--- Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
wrote:

> Edwin D. Vinas wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with transferring a file fro my
> phone
> > to PC via obexapp. I can transfer from PC->phone
> but I
> > can't transfer from phone->PC! Im using
> FreeBSD-5.3.
> > The phone and PC has been paired. What shall I do?
>
> i can not help you unless you provide more
> information.
>
> - were you able to transfer files *before* (with
> obexapp-1.3 or earlier
> versions)?
>
> - how exactly are you trying to transfer files from
> your phone? are you
> sending files from the phone (push) or are you
> connecting to the phone
> and trying to download files from it? (pull)
>
> - can you provide binary hcidump(1) output (can be
> created with -w
> option)? if you were able to transfer files before
> then i would like to
> have two dumps: one with working setup and other
> with non working setup.
>
> max

=====
---