Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 2004 02:30:42 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Subject:   Re: cvsup (ezm3 - modula) build error

--nextPart1403751.cppxQMd2aN

Am Sonntag, 19. September 2004 01:49 schrieb John Polstra:
> On 17-Sep-2004 Emanuel Strobl wrote:
> > new source -> compiling ../src/float/IEEE/Real.i3
> >

> > ***
> > *** runtime error:
> > ***    Segmentation violation - possible attempt to dereference NIL
> > ***    pc =3D 0x8157111
> > ***
>
> Get rid of -O2 or whatever you're using, and use plain old -O.  I
> have plans to fix the port so it does this itself.

Thanks, like Daniel Eriksson advised me, I removed -O2 temporarily.
This solved my problem so I didn't answer.
I turned on -O2 because the last bugs from base were fixed and I remember s=
ome=20
discussions about testing with -O2 wich every developer _should_ do. Well I=
'm=20
not a developer but I did. Sorry for the noise, next time I'll remember the=
=20
old rule to disable any optimization _before_ reporting errors.

My first FreeBSD was 3.0 and cvsup is one af the really highly appreciated=
=20
tools which I use since then, so I think it's not that important to get the=
=20
modulo compiler -O2 capable. There are much more urgent bugs to fix,=20
especially ataraid related, and that's base not ports!

Thank you,

=2DMano