Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:29:13 -0400
From:      Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>
To:        Jake Hamby <jhamby@anobject.com>
Cc:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Next Generation" kernel configuration?

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 04:21:10PM -0700, Jake Hamby wrote:
> M. Warner Losh wrote:
> >
> >What's wrong with adding:
> >
> >makeoptions  MODULES_OVERRIDE="a b c"
> >to your config file?  It is already supported.

Though, I've used this before to good effect (on slow crash-box):

There's no mention to specify exclusions, only what to include.  If
you want only a few things excluded, would you not have to list
everything else in each of the same subdirs?

No biggy, and most systems build kernel/modules very quickly anyway.

> Nothing, I just didn't know about it!  Thanks to all who replied with
> the answer...
>
> -Jake

Allan Fields