Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:53:25 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dual-layer DVD burners

[Apologies if this winds up being a duplicate.  My initial mail never arrived]

Now that dual-layer DVD burners are available at a respectable price, I
am considering getting one to backup my system.  I'm not too fussed about
UDF support - I'd be happy if I can write a stream of bytes and get them
back again.  Can I just treat a DVD+/-RW as a big CD-RW and use burncd?

Does anyone have any experience with the LG GSA-4120B?  Alternatively,
does any have any suggestions for drives to get or avoid?

--
Peter Jeremy