Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:19:01 +0100
From:      Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans@bredband.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Anyone running  R 6.0  on  Shuttle SN25P

Hi;

   Does anyone  have experience of  FreeBSD 6.0 Running on
   the Shuttle SN25P.
   I am  looking for a  ( silent)  platform for hosting  3  large disks
   ( 3 *  300-500 GB  SATA RAID )   for  a  NFS server with Gigabit
  Ethernet.
   This box does  have PCI Express,  is that stable enough at this point ?

   Graphics   ( probably some low-end PCI-E  Nvidia board of my choise  )
   attached to a PCI-Express  X16 slot    ( will this work ?  )

    CPU socket 939  ( probably  AMD Athlon 64  3800+,  As I have one
spare  )

  NorthBridge/SouthBridge   - nForce 4 Ultra MCP
  SATA          - nForce 4 Ultra MCP
  Audio         - VIA Envy24                      unimportant for a server
  LAN/Ethernet  - Marvel 88E1111
  Firewire      - VIA VT6307
  USB           - nForce 4 Ultra MCP

http://www.shuttle.com/share/product_data/spec/SN25P_DM.pdf