Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:07:47 +0300
From:      "Peter Trifonov" <pvtrifonov@mail.ru>
To:        "'John Baldwin'" <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org
Subject:   RE: Lost interrupts on SMP systems

Hello John,

Thank you very much for investigating this problem.
> > > Can you get a verbose dmesg please?
> > ioapic0: Assuming intbase of 0
> > MPTable: Ignoring global interrupt entry for pin 1
> > MPTable: Ignoring global interrupt entry for pin 15

> Ok, well, this is a bit of a problem here.  Basically, this
> means you don't have any working interrupts as far as I can
What does this message mean?
In fact, top command reports 0.2-1.0% CPU time used for interrupts.

> tell.  Can you get the output of
> mptable(8) for me?
Here it is:

mptable -verbose -grope

===

MPTable, version 2.0.15

 looking for EBDA pointer @ 0x040e, found, searching EBDA @ 0x0009f800
 searching CMOS 'top of mem' @ 0x0009f400 (637K)
 searching default 'top of mem' @ 0x0009fc00 (639K)
 searching BIOS @ 0x000f0000

 MP FPS found in BIOS @ physical addr: 0x000f99a0

---

MP Floating Pointer Structure:

  location:                     BIOS
  physical address:             0x000f99a0
  signature:                    '_MP_'
  length:                       16 bytes
  version:                      1.1
  checksum:                     0x4b
  mode:                         Virtual Wire

---

MP Config Table Header:

  physical address:             0x000f99b0
  signature:                    'PCMP'
  base table length:            236
  version:                      1.1
  checksum:                     0xe0
  OEM ID:                       'HP      '
  Product ID:                   'XX          '
  OEM table pointer:            0x00000000
  OEM table size:               0
  entry count:                  21
  local APIC address:           0xfee00000
  extended table length:        0
  extended table checksum:      0

---

MP Config Base Table Entries:

--
Processors:     APIC ID Version State           Family  Model   Step
Flags
                 1       0x11    BSP, usable     6       1       0
0xfbff
                 0       0x11    AP, usable      6       1       0
0xfbff
--
Bus:            Bus ID  Type
                 1       ISA
                 0       PCI
--
I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
                16       0x11    usable          0xfec00000
--
I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     1        255    1
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     0        255    2
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     3        255    3
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     4        255    4
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     5        255    5
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     6        255    6
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     7        255    7
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     8        255    8
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     9        255    9
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    10        255   10
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    11        255   11
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    12        255   12
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    13        255   13
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    14        255   14
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    15        255   15
--
Local Ints:     Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
                NMI      conforms    conforms        1     2        255    1

===

With best regards,
P. Trifonov