Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2007 23:32:11 +0300
From:      "Vlad GURDIGA" <gurdiga@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL drops connections

Hello,

Several days ago I started to get a strange error from mysql51 server:

ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending
authentication information', system error: 32

This is what I get when I try to connect using mysql command line
console or PHP. I've tried reinstalling the mysql server and client,
recreating databases with mysql_install_db but nothing changed. The
mysql51-server and client does not compile in current version (ports
tree is up to date) so I had to install pre-built packages. The kernel
and the world is rebuilt yesterday from updated source tree.

Here is my system's info:

# pkg_info | grep mysql
mysql-client-5.1.16 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-5.1.16 Multithreaded SQL database (server)
php5-mysql-5.2.2    The mysql shared extension for php

>uname -a
FreeBSD kpax 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #2: Sat Jun  2 20:00:40
EEST 2007     root@kpax:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

What should I try?