Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:03:51 -0500
From:      Will McCutcheon <freebsd2@toyingwithfate.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broadcom BCM5701KHB

I'm sure I'm doing something embarrassingly wrong, here, but I can't =20
for the life of me figure it out.  I wanted to add a gigabit NIC to my =20
aging Pentium III server to augment its 3Com 3C905C NIC already in =20
place.  I found an old Apple PCI gigabit ethernet card and installed =20
it, but it doesn't seem to pair up with a driver.  Visual inspection =20
of the card reveals a Broadcom BCM5701KHB chip, and its relevant =20
output from pciconf -n is:

none2@pci0:15:0:=09class=3D0x020000 card=3D0x0008106b chip=3D0x1645106b =20
rev=3D0x15 hdr=3D0x00
     vendor   =3D 'Apple Computer Inc.'
     device   =3D 'Tigon3 Gigabit Ethernet NIC (BCM5701)'
     class    =3D network
     subclass =3D ethernet

Research seemed to indicate this card would work with the bge driver, =20
but un-commenting that driver in my kernel config and rebuilding the =20
kernel doesn't seem to get the card recognized.  It shows up in my =20
dmesg -a as:

pci0: <network, ethernet> at device 15.0 (no driver attached)

I've searched through all the archives and Googled for hours, but to =20
no avail.  Anyone have any idea how I can get this NIC recognized so =20
that I can configure it?  Thanks for your help, and sorry to be a =20
bother!