Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:42:04 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   public_distfiles mirroring delay

--=-uwFvMkA88MyCXMUMYbyn

In porting lame but useful software, I often have to roll up my own
distfile because upstream doesn't bother ever releasing their code.  I
stick the distfiles in ~/public_distfiles so it gets the
load-distribution love, but it seems that none of the mirrors updates
from there very frequently -- I usually end up not getting the file to
fetch until the next day.  If I commit my port update before it gets
distributed, I usually get email complaints from users that day.

Would it be possible for a single mirror that is in MASTER_SITE_LOCAL to
sync local-distfiles more frequently, so that porters can commit
local-distfile ports quicker after rolling them?  For reference,
MASTER_SITE_LOCAL contains:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
ftp://ftp.se.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
ftp://ftp.uk.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
ftp://ftp.ru.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
ftp://ftp.jp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
ftp://ftp.tw.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
ftp://ftp.cn.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/

--=20
Eric Anholt                             anholt@FreeBSD.org
eric@anholt.net                         eric.anholt@intel.com

--=-uwFvMkA88MyCXMUMYbyn