Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:36:54 GMT
From:      hip0 <roots_bg@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/114824: linux-firefox crashes when used in combination with linux-flashplugin9

>Number:         114824
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       linux-firefox crashes when used in combination with linux-flashplugin9
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD jericho.pcfreak 6.2-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p5 #3: Mon Jul 16 22:27:25 EEST 2007     root@jericho.pcfreak:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JERICHO  i386

I'm installing linux-firefox from ports in order to be able to use Adobe Macromedia Flash Player 9, then I install Macromedia Flash Player 9. And When I visit sites which are compiled for Macromedia Flash Player 9. I experience linux-firefox's Random Crashes. It's a pretty ugly bug IMHO since a lot of people would prefer FreeBSD as a Desktop system and the Modern Desktop needs Flash Player version 9. Hope the Bug would be catched and fixed soon.

Best Regards,
hip0
>How-To-Repeat:
install linux-firefox (Currently I'm running the latest 2.0.0.5. Install linux-flashplugin-9.0r48. Try opening some site compiled for flash player version 9, soon you'll experience a linux-firefox crash.
>Fix:
I don't know about a fix.