Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:06:58 -0500
From:      "Howard Leadmon" <howard@leadmon.net>
To:        "'Anton Shterenlikht'" <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>, <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: mailq takes 25 sec to respond

The main reason sendmail usually gets slow, is that it's waiting on a DNS
lookup for something.  Be it the DNS info on the incoming connection, or if
you have any RBL's configured, the DNS response from an RBL.  As you said you
have differences in your IPF, so my first guess is that it's blocking
something sendmail wants to look up..

---
Howard Leadmon