Date:      Wed, 7 May 2008 19:24:34 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fun with Logitech bluetooth keyboard (diNovo Edge)...

Hi,

I bought a keyboard with an integrated touchpad from logitech. Just
plugging in the BT-dongle gives an usb hub with ums and ukbd.
Unfortunately the ums doesn't work for me yet (problem in a separate
mail to usb@).

I googled a litte bit around and found a posting here
(http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-bluetooth/2006-December/000824.html)
which contains a program which puts the device into hci mode (by
accessing /dev/uhidX), so that I can use the HID devices with the
FreeBSD bluetooth stack directly. I haven't tried this yet (I would
have to remove ukbd and ums from the kernel...).

Is there the possibility to get this hid2hci feature in our userland
(or into the kernel controllable via a sysctl)? I would would be good
to have this functionality at boot (in the kernel it would would allow
to have ukbd available while still being able to put the device into
hci mode).

Any hints regarding this specific keyboard/mouse kombo?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #65:
	Win or lose, there's always Hupyrian beetle snuff.