Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:39:52 -0800
From:      "Garrett Cooper" <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        "John ." <comp.john@googlemail.com>, pyunyh@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying to make a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300 work with FreeBSD 8-CURRENT (2008.11)

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:21 PM, John . <comp.john@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Toshiba A300 Satellite Pro PSAK13 (AMD Turion 64)
>
> It works for the most part, except for wifi or ethernet :(
>
> X not tested unfer FreeBSD
>
> dmesg at http://www.growveg.org/laptop/freebsd/fbsd8_current_200811_dmesg.txt
> pciconf at http://www.growveg.org/laptop/freebsd/fbsd8_current_200811_pciconf.txt
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is a chance getting the onboard wifi to work?
>
> Linux (latest ubuntu 64 bit) doesn't see it either (though it does
> detect ethernet)
>
> thanks
> --
> John

Looks like the ethernet chipset might be another PCI ID not covered by msk(4).

none3@pci0:4:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0xff501179 chip=0x436c11ab
rev=0x16 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet
    cap 01[48] = powerspec 3  supports D0 D1 D2 D3  current D0
    cap 05[5c] = MSI supports 1 message, 64 bit
    cap 10[c0] = PCI-Express 2 legacy endpoint

I CC'ed Pyun, but I'm not sure that anything can be done because this
is a PCI-e based driver *shrugs*.

As for the wireless driver, could you forward with more details about
your laptop, like the spec sheet, perhaps? We'll need the model type
for the laptop at least so we can find out the required specs (Toshiba
releases various revisions of each model with different specs).

You won't get 64-bit X11 support with hardware acceleration because
neither nVidia or ATI has a working 64-bit driver due to vmem related
reasons.

-Garrett