Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:56:55 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootloader not working on Compaq Proliant ML330 G2

--------------enig77DE48DAA5EE822CEDA10CE4

J=C3=A1n =C5=A0ebo=C5=A1=C3=ADk wrote:
> Hi all
>=20
> I`ve tried to install FreeBSD 7 on Compaq Proliant ML330 G2 server, but=
=20
> it won`t boot. FreeBSD boot0 beeps after pressing F1, or F2 (got 2=20
> partitions) key. So i`ve installed grub on another machine, but than it=
=20
> says "Error 5" only in Proliant, I don`t even get grub command prompt.

It looks like you installed the system correctly, only you cannot boot=20
it, right? I had the same problem on several Proliants (though I don't=20
know about G2, it's an old version), which I fixed by installing=20
sysutils/extipl. Instructions: boot from the install CD, go to "Fixit"=20
command line, mount your root and usr file systems from the drive=20
somewhere (e.g. /tmp/mnt and /tmp/mnt/usr), chroot into this root file=20
system, bring up your network, install the port and run it - there's no=20
significant configuration. See the man page for details.