Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2008 01:32:51 +0100
From:      Alexander Konovalenko <kono@kth.se>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Eirik =?iso-8859-1?q?=D8verby?= <ltning@anduin.net>
Subject:   Re: 7.1 does not boot on GA-MA770-GS3 (rev. 2.0), but works fine on rev. 1.0?

On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Eirik =D8verby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> try booting a linux kernel (from cd) then warm-booting to freebsd cd/
> disk.
>
> /Eirik

thanks Eirik for suggestion, unfortunately I cannot test warm-booting becau=
se=20
I have sent this MB back to dealer already.

However, some additional info:

when FreeBSD 7.1 (either i386 or amd64) hangs on boot and if I wait long=20
enough I get following messages:

=2E..
ioapic0: Assigning ISA IRQ 1 to local APIC 0
ioapic0: Assigning ISA IRQ 4 to local APIC 1
ioapic0: Assigning ISA IRQ 9 to local APIC 2
ioapic0: Assigning ISA IRQ 14 to local APIC 0
spin lock 0xffffffff80ac25c0 (sched lock 0) held by 0xffffff0002100370 (tid=
=20
100004) too long
panic: spin lock held too long
cpuid=3D2
uptime 13 s
Cannot dump. No dump device defined

Not much helpful to me, but hopefully will help somebody to skip purchasing=
=20
this mobo... at least until first BIOS update will be released...

/Alexander Konovalenko

+46-8-5537-8143 (office)
+46-7-3752-2116
http://daemon.nanophys.kth.se/~kono

Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
Nanostructure Physics Department, Albanova
Roslagstullsbacken 21
10691 Stockholm
Sweden