Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:01:48 GMT
From:      Sean McVaugh <smcvaugh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/121979: Shoot the Installer Designer!

>Number:         121979
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Shoot the Installer Designer!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have no Idea what your installer designer is thinking but after 12 and 1/2 Hours and 2 tries and two dead wore out drives, I have given up on your distro. and purchased Red Hat.
  The fact that your software may be free doesn't count when you burn out the tray moters in two brand new drives just to install the software just because the person that designed the install decided that each and every little piece of code had to be spread over 3 cd's. I have never come across a piece of software that required more than a half dozen cd swaps. Your is counted at over 200 and I only got half way throu on both tries.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try it your selves and see, unless this was planed, then you already know.
>Fix:
Use a little strategy Like read everything into a cash 1 cd at a time and then instantate the installer or maybe use a disk cache at one disk at a time....but a little more brains and less who cares would have been better.