Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:07:28 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Ganael LAPLANCHE" <ganael.laplanche@martymac.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Terratec Cinergy Piranha DVB driver

Hi everybody,

I have recently bought a Terratec Cinergy Piranha DVB USB dongle. Unfortunately,
there was no driver available for FreeBSD. After a few weeks of hacking, I have
finally managed to get the device working by porting the sms1xxx (siano) Linux
driver, using the dvbusb driver written by Raaf as an initial framework.

The driver is available on my contributions' web page :

http://contribs.martymac.com

The code is available under the GPL v2.0 license, and is based on Linux version
2.6.27. It should work on any FreeBSD >= 7.x (i386/amd64, maybe other platforms
too ?).

Note that it has to be considered experimental since it has only been tested
with one device (mine). It only supports the Terratec Cinergy Piranha device and
may or may not work with yours. It also still uses the good-old USB stack and
has not been tested with the new one.

See the README file for more details :

http://contribs.martymac.com/FreeBSD-siano/README

Finally, this is my first driver, so please be indulgent ;-)

Any feedback is welcome (of course) !

Best regards,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche@martymac.com