Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:01:33 +0000
From:      Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD video recorder (was: FreeBSD as a HTPC!)

> does anyone know how the heck you build the driver for the divco
> fusion? as far as I can tell it is a bunch of files in p4, which means
> it is a huge pain to get them. I think I did manage to build the
> kernel module but it made my amd64 machine kernel panic.

> I sent an email to JohnMarkGurney with some questions, but I never got a reply.

> so saying the card is supported maybe a stretch.

Sorry, I don't have a dvico card, so I haven't tried JMG's driver.
In my defense, I didn't say it was supported, I said there was a driver.  :-)
(and I don't post in base64 which creates problems, hint hint)

I am using Jason's cx88 driver on 7.0/amd64, it compiles easily and doesn't panic.
The latest version claims to support:

DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Gold (ATSC)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100 (DVB-T)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100 LP (DVB-T)
Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H (DVB-T)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300 (DVB-T)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3000 (DVB-T)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000 (DVB-T)
pcHDTV HD-3000 (ATSC)
pcHDTV HD-5500 (ATSC)
Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T (DVB-T)

ftp://corona.homeunix.net/cx88_20080824.tar.gz

So I guess we have *two* drivers for the DViCO 5.

(I checked the announcement (from Sept), it does use the word "support".  :-)  )