Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:39:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      kama <kama@pvp.se>
To:        matthew <matthew@matthew.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to install on HP Proliant DL160 G5

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, matthew wrote:

> Hi, i have an HP Proliant DL160 G5 with two hot-plug SATA disks on
> hot-plug LSI raid controller.
>
> I have tried 6.3,7.0 and 8.0 install CDs.
>
> It stops at:
> acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
>
> With ACPI disabled:
> p4tcc0: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu0
>
> Any suggestions ? I have many DL140G3 without any problems.

I dont have any DL160g5's, but I do have 380G5's that works. But those are
without the LSI.

Have you tried the usual stuff? Like changing OS variable. Linux, Other,
Windows... Upgrading the BIOS... Install 6.2 and upgrade to 6.3...

I had issues with LSI and 5.x before. It frozed sometime in the bootup
process, the only thing todo was to coldboot the machine. But that was not
a HP, but a Fujitsu-Siemens. 5.x worked on other FS's, but those did not
have LSI attached, so it was definitely LSI that was to blame.

I have not tried to reinstall the OS on that particular machine since, so
it is still running 4.x on that one. But it has been awhile, I would think
they are fixed by now. I will try to reinstall that one to 7.0 whenever I
get to migrate the data to another server.

/Bjorn