Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:20:33 +0100
From:      Rob Mason <rob@cissp.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ML115 G5 Opteron Dual Core

I'm answering my own post here!  The 7.0-STABLE-200806-amd64 snapshot
works flawlessly (so far)!  The NIC is detected where it wasn't
previously, and there is no delay/hang whilst loading the kernel...

HTH

Rob Mason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just tried installing 7.0-RELEASE and 6.3-RELEASE on a new HP
> Proliant M115 G5 (Opteron Dual Core).  The boot sequence gets as far
> as the keyboard driver then hangs indefinitely.  I've read other
> similar posts concerning the ML110 G5 and have tried loading the ipmi
> module at the boot prompt.  This loads successfully, but the
> subsequent boot sequence still hangs.
>
> I have noted that a kernel patch will be required for the NIC, but I'm
> less concerned about this at present.  Anyone know how to get this
> model up and running?  Am I chasing a lost cause?
>
> TIA
>

> --
>
> Rob Mason

The original of this email was scanned for known viruses at 17:18 on 30/06/2008 and was found to be virus free.