Date:      Sat, 24 May 2008 11:58:07 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Welcome to freebsd-virtualization

Hi,

the main purpose for freebsd-virtualization is going to be:

   A list to discuss the various virtualization techniques FreeBSD
   supports. On one hand the focus will be on the implementation of the
   basic functionality as well as adding new features. On the other hand
   users will have a forum to ask for help in case of problems or to
   discuss their use cases.

!!! !!! !!!
However for the next months it will be purely used to discuss the
technical details of bringing vimage into the FreeBSD tree. During
this time neither bikesheds nor discussions of one virtualization
technique over the overs are welcome. So please refrain from starting
threads like those.
!!! !!! !!!

Once the basic vimage framework will be in the src tree, I'll send a
follow-up posting to this list and to others and we will try to fold
all jail, xen, vimage, ... discussions into this single list as a lot
of people seem to use more than one technique. By that time the list
will be open to discuss all relevant subjects. It will then also help
to better coordinate efforts to avoid duplication of work and enhance
user experience as people familiar with the different methods will be
around.

Greetings
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.