Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:38:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        alex@t41p.hsd1.va.comcast.net, alex@botch2.com, ajax@redhat.com, arekm@maven.pl
Subject:   Xorg/radeon and 6Gb RAM

Hello!

I'm a reasonably happy owner of a Fire GL X1/Z1 AGP/Pro (R300-WS) card.

It works in my FreeBSD/amd64 (6.3) system with 4Gb of memory.

Yesterday I tried to add 2 more Gb... The system itself seemed fine --
memtestx86 passed and it performed a full rebuild of kdelibs and
kdebase.

But when I started kdm, it would not even paint the icons -- only the
rectangular outline of the login window were shown, and then the system
froze.

Reboot, try again -- same thing. The icons appeared, but everything
froze shortly after (before I was able to login).

I took the 2Gb out, and everything is back to normal... Now, maybe,
things are supposed to break apart, when the two CPUs have unequal
amounts of RAM (4Gb next to one Opteron, only 2Gb next to the other),
but I just wanted to ask -- does anyone else have a FreeBSD/amd64
system with more than 4Gb of RAM using radeon-drivers?

I'm vary of something being 32-bit and "wrapping over" at 2^32 bytes
of memory :-(

Thanks a lot for any insight! Yours,

	-mi