Date:      Mon, 18 May 2009 12:46:20 +0200
From:      "Tonix (Antonio Nati)" <tonix@interazioni.it>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions on clustered FS + NFS

Actually, we are thinking to test ocfs2 + nfs in ths way:

    * a couple of Linux servers using ocfs2 sharing the same partition
    * NFS running on both, with heartbeat enabling only one, because we
      don't know how NFS can share locks among more NFS servers.

To be more complete, we don't like how locks are handled by any of
previously mentioned products.
Ideally, there sould be a Distribuited Lock Manager (DLM), among all
servers, and all layered products, both FS and NFS server, should use
that DLM in order to manage/share locks.

Is there any idea to develop a DLM on FreeBSD, to be integrated in kernel?

Tonino