Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:46:54 +0200
From:      "Olga Kartseva" <olga.kartseva@software.com.pl>
To:        <freebsd-announce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [FreeBSD-Announce] NanoBSD and other topics in newest issue of BSD Magazine!

a.. http://bsdmag.org/magazine/1114-bsd-firewalls
a.. Introduction to NanoBSD
NanoBSD is a tool developed by Poul-Henning Kamp phk@FreeBSD.org. It =
creates a FreeBSD system image for embedded applications, suitable for =
use on a Compact Flash card (or other mass storage medium).

-------
- DANIEL GERZO=20

a.. Feature: WebHostingBuzz a hosting company all too familiar with BSD
You may have noticed WebHostingBuzz has started to advertise in BSD =
magazine in recent months. In this article, we catch up with Matthew =
Russell, CEO and Dennis Arkhangelski, Senior Technical Manager and ask =
them some questions about their use of BSD within the organisation.

-------
- Matthew Russell, Dennis Arkhangelski=20

Secure Your Wireless with IPsec
a.. Wireless access is all the rage. Wireless this, wireless that. Hot =
spots are turning up everywhere. Many are free. Many have absolutely no =
security. There are several in my neighborhood. I have no idea who is =
running them, but at least one is wide open.

-------
- DAN LANGILLE=20

a.. Redundant firewalls with OpenBSD, CARP and pfsync
Firewalls are among the most critical network components, since their =
failure may cause entire groups of machines to remain offline. The =
damage may range from the public (web, mail, etc.) servers to become =
unreachable to the outside world up to being unable to surf this web =
site!

-------
- DANIELE MAZZOCCHIO=20

a.. Easier WINE Installation on amd64 FreeBSD
A short article on easier and faster method of installing WINE on an =
amd64 FreeBSD system.

-------
- Slawomir Wojtczak (vermaden)=20

a.. Configuring IP-Based SSL on multiple hosts with Apache and FreeBSD
I have a very large PHP/MySQL application running on FreeBSD 6.0. Before =
we go any further let's get it out of the way: yes, I should upgrade to =
a more current version, but when you have a big system running a lot of =
sites in a live environment, well, you often end up a couple of versions =
behind the most recent stable release.

-------
- SKIP EVANS, BOB MARTIN=20

a.. BSD File Sharing - Part 4. SSH
Last time I wrote on FTP and mentioned its security weakness, this time =
I intend to write on sharing and transfering files using its encrypted =
alternatives sftp, scp, and on fuse-sshfs.

-------
- PETR TOPIARZ=20

a.. BSD Opinion Reflections of a Sys-admin
A sentimental Rob Somerville reflects on his experiences with IT over =
the years and concludes that the BSD family is yet to be recognised as =
the shining example of good engineering and innovation we know it is.

-------
- ROB SOMMERVILL=20

a.. SAP over BSD
As I did describe in the introduction BSD in the Industry last month, =
several applications are necessary to support all the Industry areas =
despite of traditional IT services and can be a big step in the BSD =
implementation into this world.

-------
- JOSEBA MENDEZ=20