Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:01:45 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [WIP] wine/i386 on FreeBSD/amd64 (take 3)

--nextPart5106138.I1rPRK7kzC

On Saturday 09 January 2010 21:29:06 Rusty Nejdl wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 10:38:09 +0200, David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
>=20
> wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 January 2010 17:53:53 Rusty Nejdl wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm getting this fun message on compile:
> >>
> >> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> >>
> >> {standard input}:83: Error: no such instruction: `cmpxchg16b (%rdi)'
> >>
> >> I'm running an Intel core i7 processor so that instruction should most
> >> definitely be available.  I get that with or without CPUTYPE=3Dnocono =
in
> >> /etc/make.conf.
> >
> > Are you trying to run this in a chroot from an amd64 system?  If so make
> > sure
> > you do:
> > # env UNAME_m=3Di386 UNAME_p=3Di386 MACHINE=3Di386 ${CMD}
> >
> > Does this help?
>=20
> David,
>=20
> I didn't try it in a chroot... wasn't clear from your updates that that
> was needed.  I am able to build wine in a chroot already using the
> instructions on the wiki.  Is your command line sufficient to build it
> outside of a chroot or is this required to be built in a chroot?  What
> exactly does your patch give us beyond what the instructions in the wiki
> does?  I thought this was to build a 64 bit wine?

This port needs to be build in an i386 environment.  This is just nice=20
packaging for the instructions in the wiki.  It also reduces the disk overh=
ead=20
as once the port it compiled it does not need the chroot anymore (although =
you=20
will need to copy across the package and install it in the 'native'=20
environment). =20

This in no ways adds support for 64bit wine, just 32bit wine to be a 1st cl=
ass=20
package in FreeBSD amd64. =20

Apologies for the confusion. =20

Regards